The choice is yours:
1. Build positive RELATIONSHIPS with your team.
“If we learn to trust more, we can have unprecedented human progress” - Harvard Professor Frances Frei
Two reasons for this:
2. Give them clear DIRECTION
“If you don’t know where you are going, how are you going to get there?” - Yogi Berra
Have a purpose, business plan and sales plan, show them how it all fits together
3. Get out from behind your desk and UNDERSTAND what they are facing.
“A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected” - Simon Sinek
Get in the field, see how they operate, find out their challenges and work with them to devise solutions to make their world easier.
4. INVEST in your people – there are significant gains to be made by showing that you are willing to develop your team.
CFO says “What happens if we train them & they leave”
CEO says “what happens if we don’t train them & they stay”
5. One of the best things I ever did to lift the performance of my team was to relief one of my NON-PERFORMERS.
“A bad apple can ruin a whole bunch” – Anon
We know who they are, and we know what we must do. Whilst no one likes dismissing people, if you don’t everyone loses - you lose credibility, they lose self-esteem and the company loses the respect of your customers.
All the best for success in 2019.
**Charlie is an expert in developing external sales teams and people, particularly where relationships and solution selling are the key differentiators. www.charliepidcock.com.au